Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October 6th - A New Companion!

Hi family!!
  So I know y'all are anxiously awaiting new of my new companion.  Her name is Sister Emmalie (yes she has the same first name as me) Arnst and she is from Kentucky.  She is nineteen and very excited to be on a mission!  She is the youngest of four in her family.   She loves being a mission so far and has A LOT of energy!  I know we are going to get a lot of work done here in Natchitoches and witness a lot of miracles together.  I'm excited!

Things are continuing to go well here! It was a slow weeks because of transfers and getting into the swing of things with a new companion and teaching her how to be a missionary in an area that I hardly know myself :)  Shelby and Darby are continuing to progress and it's awesome to see the ward work with them!  Neither of them were able to watch conference this weekend but they both came to a YSA dinner that we had last night where we all talked about conference.  By the end they were both very excited to go home and watch conference and see what it's all about.  We're meeting with both of them tomorrow so I'm hoping they'll both have watched at least part of conference by then!  

We picked up another investigator this week and her name is Janice.  She was actually living in South Carolina and met the missionaries at a McDonalds there.  They were able to meet with her once it sounded like and then helped her pack for her move to here.  When she left they sent us her info through mormon.org and we were able to go and meet with her Saturday, between sessions!  She is awesome and amazingly prepared!  She has been attending the Apostolic church and she talked a lot about how she believes there is a prophet on the earth today but she doesn't know who is a true prophet.  Oh my goodness... It was so awesome and so perfect!   We talked about the tools Heavenly Father has given us and testified to her that we know President Monson is a true prophet of God because we have lived his teaching and experienced blessings.  It was perfect timing too because we were able to invite her to watch general conference!  She was excited about it and said she would go to the library to watch!  We have plans to go back and contact her again so we'll get to follow up on conference!

Those are really the exciting things from the week.  It was a good transfer meeting but definitely hard to say goodby to a few of my friends that were leaving this transfer.  Sister Stephens was practically my companion for two of my transfers in Alexandria and she went home.  All four of us that came out together last year were there though, so that was super awesome to all be together again.  I realized it's probably the last time we'll all be together because one of them is going home a transfer early.  Sister McEntire was also there and it was a lot of fun to see her and hear how she is doing and I got to take a picture with her and my new companion, so that was super awesome!

I know it's going to be a crazy awesome transfer with my new companion.  Like I said, she's ready work and wanting to work hard and I know we will accomplish a lot together!  It's a great work we have the opportunity to participate her in Natchitoches and I know the Lord will guide us in our efforts to find His children!

I love y'all!  Thank you so much for your emails!  I hope y'all have a fantastic week and will always keep your eyes open for opportunities to serve and teach others :)  Love y'all!!

Love,
   Sister Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment