So Ms Robin told me she posted it on Facebook last night so I'm sure
y'all already know that I'm getting transferred tomorrow. We all saw it coming
but I in no way wanted to admit that it was happening. The work was finally
picking up here and we had an amazing musical fireside on Sunday that touched a
lot of the members and reminded them of why it is such a blessing to share the
message of the gospel. I'm just grateful for the opportunity I had to spend 6
months here! I was definitely spoiled by the Greens and the members and it's
going to be hard to say goodbye. I'm also not happy over the fact that I only
got to spend one transfer with Sister Betts. I have loved serving with her and
six weeks has definitely not been long enough. But... This is all what I signed
up for and I know needs me somewhere else now. I just wish I knew where but they
don't tell us until tomorrow afternoon :/
In other news though! Our musical fireside was fantastic on Sunday!
Sister Betts and I have been working all transfer on it and it really turned out
well! We basically taught he restoration through music and then we ended with a
video called Come See the Light. Y'all should look it up, it's an amazing video
about Christ visiting the Americas! You would also be very proud to hear that I
sang in it and Sister Betts and I played a piano duet of I am a Child of God.
You'll be even more impressed to hear that I only had 3 days to learn the song
because the original performers backed out on Tuesday and for only had a few
opportunities to practice, I was pretty proud of myself. Mr. Gary recorded both
my performances and we've been trying to figure out to send them to y'all from
his iPad. We'll keep working on it :) it really was an amazing fireside though
and most the members where in tears. We even had our stake president come for it
and that was a big deal! I was definitely stressed out of my mind the whole
night and I'm so glad it turned out well!
That was definitely the highlight of our week! We found a less active
sister that just moved to Alexandria and she is originally from Utah. She has
been inactive for ten years and really has a strong desire to come back. We've
met with her twice now and the spirit has been so strong. I'm excited to hear
how she continues to grow!
I don't know what else to really write about from the week. We went
yard saling with Brother a Green and we each found some overalls for really
cheap and that was fun! It sounds like y'all got the pictures he sent of us with
their chicks and ducklings. To answer your question mom, no they don't live on a
farm but they do have chickens and a rooster and he just bought four ducklings!!
I love it!
Thank y'all for your emails and all your prayers and support! I love
y'all!!!!!
Love,
Sister Ogden
No comments:
Post a Comment