Monday, July 28, 2014

June 30 Letter

Hey Family!!!
    It was so much fun to read everyone's emails today!  Sounds like y'all are going to have a party in Utah this week!!  Things are going great here in Louisiana, as usual!  President and Sister Wall left on Saturday and so we are now under the leadership of our new president, President Hansen.  I talked to him quickly on the phone yesterday.  It was actually quite embarrassing because I didn't know the Walls had left yet, so when I called I started off with, "Hi President Wall, how are you?" and then I hear, "I'm great, but this isn't President Wall, this is President Hansen".  and then I was just super flustered and confused :)  I quickly said hello and introduced myself and told him why I we were calling, and that was it.  We have zone conference on Thursday though and that's when we'll get to actually meet him.  The assistants said he is really cool and a lot like President Wall and has a lot of greenie fire, so I'm excited!!
   This week has been different and really not filled with too many exciting things.  We did service all day Tuesday for a member and then Wednesday my companion wasn't feeling well so we had to stay in all day and then Thursday I was off to Many for exchanges and then Saturday we did service all day so while it the week wasn't filled with a lot of teaching we got to do A LOT of service and that awesome!  We also got a new ward mission leader in our Pineville ward and he is awesome and really pushing us and I'm excited to see how the work improves with us and the members because of it!
    We got to go on another bike ride today and that awesome!  I took some pictures and sent them to Dad's Picasa account so hopefully y'all got them!  We did a 9 mile loop this time and it was absolutely beautiful!  I was hoping we would see at least one gator in the lake but unfortunately they decided to all spend their dad under the water where we couldn't see them :/  It was a beautiful trail though and we had a lot of fun!  It's our last Monday p-day before transfers so I won't be emailing you until Tuesday next week.  I was able to get a little information out of one of the assistants a couple weeks ago but it's still not that reliable.  They told me that there is an 80% chance I'm getting transferred and it sounds like I might be opening a new area for sisters here in our stake.  It's actually on an army base and I think that would be really awesome so we'll see what happens. It's not a definite thing though, they just both happen to mention Leesville when I talked to them about transfers and asked what I thought of it and I know they're opening it for sisters so we'll see what happens.  I told Sister Green that night that about the probability I'll get transferred and she has started to prepare herself.  Part of me wants to get transferred to experience new areas but I don't want to leave the people here and especially the Greens.  That will be the hard part if I do get transferred. 
   That's really the big news of the week.  We are hoping to get a lot more proselyting in this week but with the fourth of July, we'll see what happens!  I'm excited to meet the new president on Thursday and I'll definitely let y'all know how that goes!  I hope y'all have safe travels to Utah this week and have fun!!!  I love y'all!!!!!


Love,
   Sister Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment