Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hi family!
    Well it's been another crazy busy week here in Alexandria and Pineville! It's crazy busy working two wards and planning exchanges with all the sisters!! President and Sister Wall came to our district meeting on Wednesday and that was a lot of fun! We got to share with them our district's goal of handing out 40 copies of the Book of Mormon each week and it was really fun to share our stories with them and talk about the success we've been experiencing in meeting our goals! He told us that he can see the difference it's making in how happy we all are! I absolutely love working with the Walls and it's going to be really hard to say goodbye to them the end of June! I'm grateful for this opportunity I have had to work more closely with them this transfer! 
     I got to go on exchanges with the Natchitoches (pronounced nak-u-dish. And don't worry, I don't understand how either). It was really fun and everyone there is very southern! They also have alligators there but I didn't get to see any during my brief stay :/ it was really fun to visit the area and get to know the sister I was with. It's interesting to see how different missionary work is each area too! The town was beautiful though! It's actually the town where the movie Steal Magnolia was filmed and we got to drive by the house that was filmed in! 
     We had a crazy storm on Friday night! We were across the river in Pineville and heading home when the lightning started and the rain started as soon as we got into Alexandria. When we got home the wind picked up and it was CRAZY!!! When we got inside bishop noticed that Miss Robin's flag was about to fly away so he went outside to take it down. As soon he stepped outside the power went out. Immediately bishop just stops and says, "well I guess there's nothing left to do but sit on the porch and watch the storm" and he immediately just turned around, sat in his rocking chair, and proceeded to watch the storm. He hadn't even finished taking down the flag :) I was laughing so hard and afterward we changed into our pajamas we got to go down stairs and watch the storm with them and it was amazing!! The lightning was crazy and the thunder was rolling. I'm definitely going to miss these southern thunderstorms when I have to leave! What's even crazier was the next day was absolutely beautiful and besides the new ponds created by the rain everywhere, you couldn't tell there had been such a huge storm the night before. It was an absolutely beautiful clear day!!
     Now onto other news! We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators this week and that was really exciting! We started teaching her just a couple of weeks ago. Her boyfriend is a member though and she has been coming to church with him for a few months now! We are really excited and we are hoping we can work with her boyfriend so he can be worthy to baptize her because that would be amazing!! We have another investigator that we pretty much have a baptism date with too but we haven't been able to meet with her because our schedules just won't match up. It's really frustrating having to plan so much time each week to travel for exchanges and then this week we're fix'in to go to Baton Rouge again for another leadership mtg and then we are teaching our zone at our zone meeting on Friday so that all takes up a lot of our time. When we go to Baton Rouge it's basically an all day trip because of travel time :/ we are really hoping to meet with all our investigators this week though!   That's really our lost exciting news for the week! One of the girls in the YSA who I was close to, is actually from Pineville and she was home for the weekend and we had dinner with her and her family last night. It was really fun to talk with her and hear how everyone is doing back at LSU! She said Quynh is doing great and is actually her new vt companion and I was really excited about that! It was really fun to see her though and she had messages from the ward a members to give to me. I thought that was really sweet of everyone!
     All in all it's been a crazy busy but exciting week! I just wish we could have more hours in each day to accomplish everything we need to! Every day just goes by waaaaay to fast for my liking!!! So maybe in your prayers this week you can ask Heavenly Father to give Sister Lindstrom and I more time :) I'm continuing to love it here in the wards though and I love the south more and more everyday. I love when you go to find a less active and you accidentally go to the wrong trailer and the people are always so nice to tell you where you need to go. They are always very polite when rejecting you and your message :) 
     Thank you for your emails and for keeping me in your prayers!! I love y'all and I hope it's a great week!!!!!


I love y'all!!


Sister Emily Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment