I love this mission!
Hi ya'll!
Well... Where to begin! So this week has been
awesome! We had a lesson with all three of our progressing investigators and
they were all wonderful! Lily is doing AMAZING and she is continuing to read
the Book of Mormon and seek for that testimony that it is true. She comes and
visits us each day at Free Speech Alley and on Saturday we got a few sisters
from the ward and we all went and got frozen yogurt with her. I think it really meant a
lot to her that we spent time with her outside of a lesson and it really showed
her how much we care about her! We had a lesson on Friday with Quynh and we
taught her the first part of the Plan of Salvation and she was very receptive to
it. She has such an amazing desire to learn for herself whether the message we
share is true and I love all of our lessons we get to have with her. Finally,
we had an awesome lesson with Jessica yesterday and we began teaching the Plan
of Salvation. It was really interesting because we taught about our pre-Earth
life and afterwards asked her what she thought about it all and she said it was
all stuff she had heard before and agreed with. That really caught us off guard
because most people don't think much about our pre-earth life! She was very
receptive to everything though and is excited for our next lesson. She even
came to our dinner and a movie activity last night and gave us a ride home
afterwards. It was great because she hasn't been to church yet but got to meet
a lot of the members when she came to the activity and they were all amazing at
coming up and introducing themselves to her. She seemed to have a great time
and we are excited for our next lesson with her!
Those are the most
exciting moments from our week! Free Speech Alley was a blast as always. The
elders couldn't come on Thursday so we called up the Prairieville Sisters and
they came and joined us. It was a blast having an all sisters day and we got to
talk to a lot of people! We also got the ties that ya'll sent so we got to use
some of those on Thursday and it was great!! Thank you so much Dad for donating
those! We used about half this time and are saving the other half for this next
week! And mom, thank you for the fruit strips and sesame snaps! You know me
all too well and I love wearing my yellow cardigan again :) We didn't have
anything else too exciting happen this week. LSU played Florida here on
Saturday and so traffic was crazy all day and that made Saturday pretty hectic!
Luckily, we still survived though!
I wish I had more the write
about our work here but I can't think of anything! We still have a fairly large
group of less actives that we are working with as well and we love all of them!
They are all doing great and I feel so blessed to be working with them! Working
in the singles ward has been a great experience and I have met so many
individuals who are amazing people! I am so glad I made the decision to serve a
mission and while each day is still a challenge, I love it! Heavenly Father
never ceases to show me my weaknesses and to push me out of my comfort zone, but
I'm growing and learning because of it! Each day I think about where I was when
I first came out and how much I have changed and how much more I know I will
continue to change as I go forth in this work! I think the hardest thing is
putting all your pride aside and really letting Heavenly Father mold you into
the person he knows you can become. It's a lot easier said than done :) I love
this gospel though and I feel so grateful to have been raised in the church.
It's been a great experience to work at Free Speech Alley and meet so many
individuals who practice different religions and to learn about what they
believe. The more I learn about what their religion the more my testimony grows
of this being Christ's church on the earth! I love it and I love that I get to
share the message of it with so many students here! It's so much fun teaching
people my age!
Thank ya'll so much for all ya'lls prayers and your
e-mails! I love ya'll so much and I feel so blessed to have ya'll as my family
and to learn from your experiences! I love ya'll and have a fantastic
week!!
Love,
Sister Emily Ogden
No comments:
Post a Comment