Emily's First Letter from the MTC has arrived! Here you go:)
Dear Mom and Dad,
My first day in the MTC has been crazy, busy, overwhelming and amazing! This is only the third week the west campus has been open so they are still organizing things, but it is an amazing place. All our classes are held at the Raintree apartments in teh bedrooms and our cafeteria is the old Raintree lounge. It is nothing like the main campus. All our meals are catered so we don't get to choose what we eat, bu they still have options for our drinks:) We are allowed to go to the main campus on Mondays (our P-days) but that's it. They have a shuttle that goes at designated times. There are only 200 of us here and I take it as a huge blessing that I'm one of those 200. Our class size and district sizes are a lot smller. My companion is Sister Wiley. She is Tongan but born and raised in West Jordan and she is 19. She is really nice but also very shy! Good news, I'm not the oldest one! There are four of us sisters all going to Baton Rouge and one of them is 26! We are the two oldest here. There are a few girls who are 20/21 but most are nineteen.
Thank you again for your love and support. I'm so grateful to know I have a family that loves me and thank you for the sacrifices you have made so I can be here. It was so hard to say goodbye to you today abut I am grateful to know that I can still write and email you. It is an amazing opportunity that I have to be here right now and just in this first day I know my testimony and love for this gospel has grown! Love, Sister Ogden


No comments:
Post a Comment